IDes 2613 Lighting Design and Life Safety Issues (4 credits), offered spring semester only
Prerequisites: Completion of IDes 2603 Interior Design Studio III and IDes 2612 with a minimum grade of C-.
elements and principles of design are merged with the functional and
human aspects of lighting design. Examination of types and application
of lighting technology are combined to solve lighting design problems
for interior spaces. Building codes that affect life safety and energy
codes will be studied.
- Develop knowledge of the fundamentals and principles of lighting.
- Utilize lighting as a design element and understand its relationship to color, texture, line, form and space.
- Understand and apply the technology of lighting to lighting design.
- Understand energy conservation and environmental issues related to lighting.
- Apply the aesthetic, functional and human issues to lighting design.
- Integrate lighting design as a part of the design process.
- Understand building codes that affect life safety.
- Continue to develop various methods of communication skills via presenting and writing.